Monday, April 16, 2012

Never Lose Hope With Mega Jackpot Draws

If there’s one thing I learned about the recent Powerball draw it’s to not second guess yourself when you have a gut feeling that something good is about to happen in your life. I’m not a big fan of the lottery nor have I ever really been a follower but for the last two years, I have made it a point to allocate a small amount of my income on scratch cards with the hope that something good and financially rewarding would come of it.

A couple of weeks back I had this itching feeling that all that lotto card purchasing would finally bear fruit. It all started when I stepped into the 7-11, then had a good look at the counter and a bunch of lotto scratch cards then suddenly felt this chill take over my body. It was like something in my head was telling me, “Milly if there was ever a time to buy those cards it better be now”. I came over the counter and asked the guy how much the jackpot was and when he told me it was over half a billion dollars I couldn’t stop myself from saying “I’ll take 20 of these please.” After that I went to http://usamega-jackpots.com/ and placed some more of my bets.

The Mega Lotto draw isn’t really hard to comprehend, it didn’t take me a long time to come up with several number combinations that I wanted to play, then I also used the quick pick option at the counter for a couple of the lotto entries that I wanted to bet at. There was nothing left at this point but to wait in front of the TV and hope that I had won something good.

It was the day of the Mega Millions draw and for the life of me, I had such a bad day. The power on my trailer was cut because my husband forgot to pay our electric bill and most of my friends were either watching something else or were away. I thought, “oh well this is a sign that I didn’t win” and just decided to let go of my lotto dreams for that day.

I guess the Lord didn’t want me to quit because two days after I went back to the convenience store and they had posted all the winning numbers for the draw that I missed. I spent a good 20 minutes going through the notebook with a list of all my entries until I had to pause and re-check my eyes because one of my bets, it seemed had won me a minor prize! I couldn’t believe it I was shaking when I approached the counter lady and told her I think I had won. When I asked how much it was for matching the primary numbers she said it was somewhere around two hundred thousand. I almost fainted where I stood!

No comments:

Post a Comment