Monday, April 16, 2012

Vamanos with El Gordo!

I had a very different childhood compared to most kids. Growing up my parents were lotto and blackjack enthusiasts so instead of me being brought to play dates, playing with dolls and having friends over for tea I got used to making playhouses out of cards and drawing on used-up scratch cards. Not that it didn’t give me a huge influence on my preferences I grew up having the same passion as my parents, but probably more so when it came to my knack for hitting up the Lotto. In my 10 years of betting on the lottery I have won close to $300,000 in prizes and that’s all thanks to my consistent lotto participation and an attitude of “never lose hope”.

One of my favorite lottery games that I look forward to every year is the El Gordo Spanish lottery. It’s probably one of the most prestigious and extravagant lotto draws in the whole world. It literally translates to “the huge one”. I like El Gordo Lotto a lot because you have a lot more chances of winning and the prize is just absolutely ridiculous. There’s only three draws for the El Gordo every year which makes it like a special draw. This is why the prizes for each draw are some of the biggest jackpots in recorded history. I never miss out on the El Gordo Draws, there’s one in December, another one in January and an upcoming draw this 5th of July.

Aside from the super huge jackpot from the El Gordo, I really love playing it because of the way the mechanics of the game is set. It is really quite different from the rest of the basic lotto games which makes it more fun and interesting. You can buy the ticket as a whole or you can also buy it in 10ths which means if you win you get 1/10 of the grand prize. You have to get your hands on the El Gordo ticket real fast. These sell like hotcakes plus the fact that there is a controlled number of tickets sold it makes it like a feeding frenzy.

If you check out your El Gordo ticket you will notice that they are printed in groups with different series number which means that some number appear on more than one ticket entry. This increases the number of chances to win, its so crazy that at one point there were 195 winners for the same draw. The prize is given to you as a lump sum if you are lucky to win.

No comments:

Post a Comment